Arch Pain Overview
Arch of the foot is the anatomical area between the heel and the ball of the foot. Pain across the bottom of the foot between the ball of the foot and the heel area if often referred to as “arch pain“. This term is very non-specific as there are specific foot conditions that causes pain and symptoms in this area.
What Causes Arch Pain?
- Overuse (walking / standing for long period of time)
- Weight gain or obesity
- Non-supportive footwear (lack of support)
- Strain or inflammation of plantar fascia (plantar fasciitis)
- Abductor hallucis muscle strain
- Acute injury (blunt trauma, stepping on something)